Check out this article that we recently read from The American Journal of Public Health, T. B. Dodson MYTHBUSTERS AND WISDOM TEETH Am J Public Health, April 1, 2008; 98(4): 581 – 582. Thomas B. Dodson, DMD, MPH, discusses some myths about wisdom teeth.
- Third molars have a high incidences of pathology.
- The removal of third molars is not as traumatic at a younger age.
- He agrees that wisdom teeth causes crowding of anterior teeth is a myth.
- There is a increased risk of pathology in impacted wisdom teeth with age.
- Oral and facial surgeons are aware of risks after wisdom teeth removal and don’t take it lightly.
You can see the full article at The American Journal of Public Health.